H. Craig PittsPartner
H. Craig Pitts
Pitts is a Certified Public Accountant and has broad experience in financial, tax and business matters. Prior to entering private practice of law, he worked at the Internal Revenue Service in complex tax issues affecting individuals, estates and business entities. This practical experience is applied to his clients in their tax planning and business needs.
Pitts’ areas of practice include business planning and tax law, transactional/contract law, estate planning, asset protection and trust law, probate and guardianship, business litigation and other areas of general law.
Lead trial counsel in federal litigation brought in the Western District of Oklahoma Bankruptcy Court involving the receivership of an international oil and gas company
Lead attorney in negotiations of the sale of a surgical center to a national hospital chain
Lead attorney in a multi-million dollar sales transaction between a regional waste disposal business and national waste disposal business
Lead attorney in many trust and estate dispute matters
Prepared the Appellate brief in litigation against the Oklahoma Tax Commission
Represented hundreds of Oklahomans and Oklahoma businesses in tax, estate, asset protection and business planning
Pitts has presented on many occasions to Certified Public Accountants, Attorneys and the general public on business planning, corporate structure and tax management
- J.D. from University City University School of Law (1994)
- B.S. in Accounting from University of Central Oklahoma (1985)
- “Broadening the Definition of Manufacturing” Vol. 75 OBJ #2, Page 125 (1/17/04)
- “Factors Impacting Choice of Entity” National Business Institute, 10U8114, 2003
- Oklahoma Probate, 2005 OBN/CLE 2005 Handbook.
- Oklahoma Federal and State Courts
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Tax Court
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Edmond Chamber of Commerce
- National Rifle Association
- Last Frontier Council of the Boy Scouts of America
- Board of Directors for DoorwaysUSA
- Board of Directors for Versavox Communications, Inc.
- Board of Directors for OKEthics Foundation
Phone: (405) 340-1900 ext.118
Fax : (405) 340-1001